|

|

Content

Saturday, November 26

Let it go, let it go, let it go

Hmmm…mmm…

Where are you, Christmas?
Why can’t I find you?
Why have you gone away-ay-ay?
Where is the laughter you used to bring me?
Why can’t I hear music play-ay-ay?

My world is changing,
I’m rearranging.
Does that mean Christmas changes too?

Where are you, Christmas?
Do you remember
The one you used to know?

I’m not the same one,
See what the time’s done.
Is that why you have let me go….


/drum roll
/crescendo

Christmas is here everywhere,
(Ohhhh…)
CHRISTMAS IS HERE
If you care
(OH oh ohhh…)

If there is love in your heart and your mind,
You will feel like Christmas all the time…


/sob

I’m getting old.

It’s two days after Thanksgiving, I’m sitting alone in front of the computer listening to Christmas songs and crying for god’s sake. (Okay, so I stopped crying when Wham! came on, but Faith, Diana and Kelly brought me to tears. Omg... even Clay Aken is getting to me! /shame)

Gah.

I logged on to blog about my horrible waiter at the Olive Garden (I was all ready to re-write Hoyt Axton’s Boney Fingers to incorporate Grimy Fingers) but now I’m in some weird funk. I can no longer find the comedy in the large chunks of cheese that slid from his hands as he placed the food on the table – or how he stuck his finger IN the water class and asked if Ryan would like a refill… it’s just not there.

It’s snowing in my head.

Maybe I’m crazy to suppose
I’d ever be the one you chose
Out of the thousand invitations
You receive.

Ah, but in case I stand one little chance
Here comes the jackpot question in advance
What are you doing New Years,
New Years Eve?


…Ah, Harry… I love ya…

/tear

1 comments:

Anonymous
at: 12:13 PM said...

Your fam set up the Christmas Village the other day. The little choo-choo train is ready and waiting to melt your heart! I'm so glad you're coming home (back?) soon. I think you should take the (real) train up here...but I'll talk to you more about that later.
-Skip

Post a Comment

The Fam

Ryan and Allie
Cael | 10
Finn | 8
Declan | 6

|

|
Powered by Blogger.

:)

:)

Search This Blog

Blog Archive