|

|

Content

Monday, May 19

Day One

Ryan's paternity leave has ended and he's back to work. Cael and I are now officially on our own during the day. We've been awake for seven hours now.

Things I have accomplished:

Shower
A load of laundry

Things Cael has accomplished:

2 meals
2 naps
Soiling half a dozen diapers
Soiling 2 onesies
Soiling my shirt
Soiling my sheets
Crying
Staring into space
Dancing
"Running from bad guys"

He let me set him down in the swing long enough to shower (but not dry my hair or put on makeup) and let me set him on my bed long enough to urp all over my sheets. Other than that, he has decided my arms are cozy and he doesn't want to leave them. Apparently, days without Dad are going to be a lot like nights - full of singing, rocking and holding.

How do daycares do it? This kid is high maintenance. (No, he doesn't get that from me! Shush!)

Still on my list of things I'd like to accomplish today:

Eat breakfast and/or lunch
More laundry
Go to Target
Start Cael's scrapbook

Too ambitious?

Keep in mind that I've typed this entire post one-handed while giving him his third meal. I'm a multitasker!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Fam

Ryan and Allie
Cael | 10
Finn | 8
Declan | 6

|

|
Powered by Blogger.

:)

:)

Search This Blog

Blog Archive