|

|

Content

Friday, January 9

Expressionist

I thought Cael knew how to scream. I was wrong. Now he knows how to scream. And he does it all the time.

I guess about 9 months is when babies develop the ability to throw a temper tantrum. Cael has figured out that if he's not happy where he is (sitting with his toys, in his Exersaucer, in the grocery cart at the store, in someone's lap) he can just let out a loud, shrieking scream and someone will rush to him, pick him up and change his position. Works every time.

I've gotten to the point where I tell him that tantrums are not necessary and he's really too young to be such a drama queen, but I do it while I'm catering to his every whim, so I'm pretty sure he's not getting the message.

He's also taken to scrunching up his nose and hissing like a cat. I'm not quite sure what he's trying to convey with that - it seems like he might be testing it with all possible emotions to see which it fits best.

When he makes a decision, I'll let you know.

1 comments:

Anonymous
at: 9:44 AM said...

If you can work it, I'd like to see a video clip of the scrunched nose/hissing act. Sounds kind of fun!
-Skip

Post a Comment

The Fam

Ryan and Allie
Cael | 10
Finn | 8
Declan | 6

|

|
Powered by Blogger.

:)

:)

Search This Blog

Blog Archive