|

|

Content

Friday, May 21

Life Imitates Art

Go, Rescue Pack!

Obviously, I have been watching enough Go, Diego, Go! that I, too, have become an animal rescuer.

Authorities are still trying to determine whether it was accidental or attempted suicide, but one way or another, Medusa got herself sucked into the tank filter this morning. I walked by and saw her stretched into a skinny pink tube and all her arms were down the black hole.

Because I don't have a super backpack, camera, and interactive audience, I had to resort to Google to help me remedy this crisis. In what some would call a "duh" solution, my research concluded that I needed to turn the filter off. This, according to the world wide webs, may only be the first step. It could possibly be followed by dismantling and prying. I was not looking forward to that portion of the program.

I couldn't find a switch for the filter, but I yanked the plug out of the wall and the tank powered off. Medusa slowly slid back out and balled up into the fetal position. No arms appear to have been severed. Medical teams are standing by. I hope. Maybe. Do vets attend to invertebrates?

The good news is - two more saves and Diego will make me an official Animal Rescuer!

1 comments:

Kathy says:
at: 3:29 PM said...

Job well done, Allie.

Post a Comment

The Fam

Ryan and Allie
Cael | 10
Finn | 8
Declan | 6

|

|
Powered by Blogger.

:)

:)

Search This Blog

Blog Archive