|

|

Content

Thursday, October 12

*Sniffle*

Sylvester had a little accident that resulted in the loss of a USB port. (I swear - the poor fella is as sturdy as Christmas china. Jeeze.) I tried to exist for a while with only one port, and it wasn't too much of a hassle. Ideally, I'd have three, but I can survive with one. And really, I don't mind the indent shapped like my hand that has appeared on the palm-rest. Which is why, when Ryan suggested we send Sly off to meet his maker, I said, "NO!!!!!!!!! Please don't take my baby, please don't take my baby!"

Next time, I'll have to squeeze out some tears, because the begging and pleading didn't do the trick.

Sly was scooped up by the delivery man on Monday and in the interim I've been using the Lt. Colonel. This little airman is a bit fussy, but he means well and he can open a Word document as well as the next laptop, so we get along nicely. I totally owe Lauren for my sanity these past few days.

Even though I've had a substitute - a piece of me was always longing for Sly. He's got my bookmarks, he's got Firefox (who knew I would become dependent on tabbed browsing), he's got Photoshop and - let's be honest - a little piece of my heart. So, when the DHL delivery man came knocking on my door this morning I was absolutely ecstatic (as evidenced by the fact that my signature on the little electronic device looks less like my name and more like the flight path of a drunken bee). I tore him out of the box and threw open the lid. With a fond caress, I hit the power button.

Nothing.

Hmm. Perhaps the battery isn't charged.

I plugged it in and pressed the button.

Nothing.

Pressed it again.

Nothing.

Tapped my toe impatiently for twenty minutes. Pressed it again.

Nothing.

OMG! THEY KILLED SLY!

ETA: Yeah like normal people are supposed to know that you have to turn the battery on. Function F3, my ass.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Fam

Ryan and Allie
Cael | 10
Finn | 8
Declan | 6

|

|
Powered by Blogger.

:)

:)

Search This Blog

Blog Archive