|

|

Content

Thursday, April 24

Squirts Happen

*yawns*

I do not remember what sleep is. I'm pretty sure I used to enjoy it. It's all a blur now.

Ryan and Cael, however, find time to indulge.



I really wish the little one wouldn't sleep all day and scream all night. Somehow I think that I should be doing something besides letting him snooze during daylight, the little vampire. I can't bring myself to wake him now, however, since a) they're really cute and b) Ryan is still mid finals and deserves all the breaks he can get. Plus he lets me wake him up in the middle of the night to change diapers so I don't have to get out of bed (Hey! Don't give me that look! I'm recovering!). It only takes two or three repetitions of his name, a few scratches on the back of the head and a couple of "just give me one minute"s to actually rouse him. That, my friends, is a good man.

My first real "only a mother would do that" moment has now happened. In retrospect, I can't believe I did it. Cael was on the changing table as the Cartys arrived. They stepped into the nursery just as the diaper was coming off and BAM! Cael took that opportunity to let loose. Poo squirted out of his bottom and I threw my hand in the line of fire to block Martin and Kathy from the spray. I used myself as a projectile poo-shield without a moment's hesitation. I can still feel the ghost of the warmth and see the utter shock on their faces. And I still have to clean the carpet. =)

These are the kind of stories I'm going to have now. Aren't you all terribly afraid?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Fam

Ryan and Allie
Cael | 10
Finn | 8
Declan | 6

|

|
Powered by Blogger.

:)

:)

Search This Blog

Blog Archive