|

|

Content

Friday, April 11

Mythbusters

In my continued effort to tell you things they don't tell you about pregnancy:

When to go to the hospital:

MYTH: When your contractions are five minutes apart, last for one minute each, and continue for an hour.

FACT: When you cannot walk or speak through your contractions.

Um, yeah. I had contractions for over 24 hours. They started about 7 minutes apart and were getting progressively more painful (but not incredibly painful). By yesterday at 1pm they were 3 minutes apart. So I end up calling my doctor (mostly because all the men at work were
flipping out and threatening to throw me over their shoulders and take me themselves) and she says go to the hospital. I go to the hospital, get all strapped up and monitored and my contractions are 2 minutes apart.

They keep me there for 4 hours with their frowny "hmm" faces on and then say, "You can walk and talk through your contractions. You probably have a day or so left."

DUDE. TELL ME THIS BEFORE I COME TO THE HOSPITAL. Wth? If that's a rule? It should be listed in the rules! What is this 5 minutes apart crap? Why doest thou lie to me and make me feel like a reject?

Also, I'd like to point out that on the discharge papers they gave me that tell you when to return it says, "When your contractions are five minutes apart, last for one minute and continue for an hour." Um, yes... been there done that and got sent home. Thanks for playing.

Anyway, poor Ryan. I've hit the cranky/weepy portion of our program and I just want this thing OUT. Gah.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Fam

Ryan and Allie
Cael | 10
Finn | 8
Declan | 6

|

|
Powered by Blogger.

:)

:)

Search This Blog

Blog Archive