|

|

Content

Thursday, June 5

Wonder Dog

Cael is in his very fussy phase (please be a phase, please be a phase...), which leads to a lot of immobility on my part.

When I finally manage to calm his hysterics, the last thing I want to do is move him. I handle him much like I would a live bomb - I use extreme caution so that I don't jostle him and trigger an explosion of life-threatening proportions. (Seriously. You should hear this kid wail.) So, no matter what awkward position I end up in, if his eyes close I immediately freeze.

As I sit here, pinned to the couch and typing one handed, it occurs to me that I could use a little help from Clio in times like these. She's just lying there, curled up and cozy on the end of the couch and not pulling her weight. I mean, I put food in her dish every morning and I sneak her tiny pieces of meat from dinner - would it kill her to nuke me a hot pocket? Or at least hand me the Tivo remote that is woefully out of my reach?

Lately I've been thinking I should train her not to bark at small children and large dogs, but I think I should skip that and go straight to an instructional on how to make a margarita.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Fam

Ryan and Allie
Cael | 10
Finn | 8
Declan | 6

|

|
Powered by Blogger.

:)

:)

Search This Blog

Blog Archive