|

|

Content

Sunday, January 3

Fire!

Ryan decided to test out our fireplace this weekend and keep the holiday spirit alive. There's been a fire going pretty much constantly for the past two days.

Today, Ryan went out to clean the gutters (good man!) and Cael and I were left to our own devices. We were just hanging out, drawing some fish and footballs, and then all of a sudden Cael dropped his crayon and ran over to the fireplace. He started pointing and chanting, "No, no. No, no. No, no, no!"

It took me too long to figure out what was going on, apparently, because Cael came over, grabbed me by the finger and pulled me to the fireplace. He pointed to the kindling box and waited for me to open the lid and then he took out a few pieces. After he was satisfied with that, he grabbed my finger again and pulled me to the front door. He pointed out the window at the box of starter wood and said, "Ah! Ah!"

He continued to walk me through the whole process until the fire was once again roaring. Satisfied, he returned to his crayons.

I think this little dude was born to be a boyscout.

1 comments:

Kathy says:
at: 2:26 PM said...

Like father, like son, Pathfinder.

Post a Comment

The Fam

Ryan and Allie
Cael | 10
Finn | 8
Declan | 6

|

|
Powered by Blogger.

:)

:)

Search This Blog

Blog Archive