|

|

Content

Monday, March 21

Questing

As I was creeping my way along the 405 in this morning's rush hour, my mind began to drift. I absently gazed at the truck in front of me and I was hit with an uncontrollable desire to right click on it and select 'follow'.

With autofollow on, driving would be so much more enjoyable. The invisible tether that bound myself and the truck would lead me along the freeway with no effort on my part. I could close my eyes, lean back my seat and just relax.

Instead, I sit upright, unblinking and staring into the horrors of Los Angeles traffic.

Last night Ryan and I were walking Clio in the neighborhood and out of the corner of my eye I saw a spot of white. As is the habit of my two-dimensional alter ego, I leaned down and gathered it. It was an empty cigarette carton (silly smokers... the ground isn't the trash can.) I picked it up and threw it away.

What I'm getting at is this - Life would be better if it were more like Everquest II.

The Top Fifteen Reasons Everquest II is Better Than Real Life

15. When you swim through a body of water, you come out bone dry.

14. If you get lost, press 'M' and a map will appear with your location marked by an arrow.

13. If you ever see anything lying on the ground, you pick it up.

12. No dishes. No laundry. No chores.

11. You can shoot balls of fire from your hands.

10. If you get tired of walking, you can hop a griffin and he'll fly you where you want to go.

9. You can carry hundreds of items on your person without it being cumbersome or bulky.

8. You can summon a soldier to follow you around and take hits that are meant for you.

7. You can talk to select groups of people without anyone else hearing it.

6. You get to pick your race, gender and physical attributes.

5. If you don't like someone, you can block them and you'll never hear a peep from them again.

4. You make money while you sleep.

3. With the click of a button you are transported to your hometown in thirty seconds - no matter where you are.

2. When you die you can revive or be resurrected. Then you get to go see the man without a shirt so he can repair your weapons.

1. One word - Autofollow.

Please god, invent autofollow??

1 comments:

Anonymous
at: 2:33 PM said...

Your posting was really clever!

Post a Comment

The Fam

Ryan and Allie
Cael | 10
Finn | 8
Declan | 6

|

|
Powered by Blogger.

:)

:)

Search This Blog

Blog Archive