|

|

Content

Thursday, April 21

Oh, no! It's a BONUS ROUND!

I decided this afternoon (while still moaning about being sore from the teeter-totter two days ago) that it was about time for me to start working out again.

So, after almost a three year break from Tony, I polished the DVD and popped it into the player. I'm not going to lie - the warm up and the yoga were brutal. And I may have cheated a little. "Finn? You say you need help moving that car? Right this second, you say? Let me do that and not press pause!"

The cardio was not as bad I expected. I have vivid memories of folding over and staring at the scraps of carpet with taped up x's on them in Lauren's garage, breathing heavily and silently commiserating with Tiffany about what a blow to the ego it is to workout next to Lauren. I mean, who actually speeds up the pace? It's 3-4 for heaven's sake!

But then came the arms. BRING IT, I say, because ARMS! I used to hate the arms! I used to skip out on the bonus round because, like Tony says, it's free. I figured if it was free that meant it was optional, right? There's logic there! But now I am an uber lifter of multiple small people and the arm section is my favorite part. I didn't even cheat once! And my body blows were to die for.

I was planning on doing the ab ripper section after cardio, but, and I am not making this up, the DVD froze with the words "last move" on screen and I couldn't get it to start back up. I'm guessing when toddlers chew on it some sort of damage is done to the DVD? I'll have to do a little research. Seems far-fetched. It's probably just the gods telling me I need not bother with the ab ripper for I am too fabulous already and if I had abs I'd be unstoppable.

Sounds about right.

4 comments:

Anonymous
at: 10:19 AM said...

I am in awe of you!
THS

Anonymous
at: 11:47 AM said...

w00t! You are a model for us all! I have been dragging, but you, you are going to light a fire under me! Either that, or I must have more children to lift! ... I think I'll just go workout. :)

Lauren

Anonymous
at: 10:44 PM said...

I hurt just reading this!!

Juls

Anonymous
at: 9:12 PM said...

Oh, Allie, wish you could have seen your mom and me trying to exercise to a record no less, when Lauren was a just walking and a good thing she was taking a nap. We started laughing so hard we would have frightened her. Tears of laughter and all! G=G J

Post a Comment

The Fam

Ryan and Allie
Cael | 10
Finn | 8
Declan | 6

|

|
Powered by Blogger.

:)

:)

Search This Blog

Blog Archive