|

|

Content

Saturday, April 2

Taco Time

I know this is wildly out of character, as my favorite part of tacos is that they only take 10 minutes to prepare, but I actually took part in some crazy non-prepackaged taco making tonight. And it was worth the time, the hassle and the mess.


Not only did we skip on the prepackaged seasoning, but we added chilies. You all can pick your jaws up off the floor. Yes, I ate something with chilies in it. And admittedly, next time I am halving the amount of them, because I'm still Allie, even if I am a wild and crazy fry-cook('s assistant).


"Fry cook?" you say? Why, yes. We fried our own taco shells. And they were the best thing in the world. I am afraid I may never eat store-bought hard taco shells again, because they pale in comparison. (Who am I kidding. Of course I will. I'm lazy.)


Add some cheese (Monterrey jack and cheddar), shmear on some sour cream, top with lettuce and tomatoes and...


Voila! Aren't they pretty?


Critics agree!

2 comments:

Anonymous
at: 11:15 PM said...

Looks good and if Cael likes it, then they must be very good! G-G J

Kathy says:
at: 7:53 AM said...

Yummy, when does the restaurant open?

Post a Comment

The Fam

Ryan and Allie
Cael | 10
Finn | 8
Declan | 6

|

|
Powered by Blogger.

:)

:)

Search This Blog

Blog Archive