|

|

Content

Monday, October 25

Fallen

Because of lack of desktop space paired with my tendency to use my computer up until the point of total and utter exhaustion, I don’t store my laptop on a counter. Instead, I place it on the floor beside the bed. A while ago, Ryan stepped on it by accident, breaking my USB port clean off. He felt horrible, and went to buy me an adapter, so that I would not miss my now dysfunctional port. He’s sweet like that. We all know that it was my fault the laptop was damaged… I mean, how stupid do you have to be to store your computer on the floor? Right, anyway, he felt guilty about it and still does. So I use this guilt to poke at him. Almost daily, when Ryan is walking around the room, I like to remind him not to step on my laptop. Each time that I call out, “Don’t step on my laptop!” he looks at me with puppy eyes and shakes his head in shame. It’s really quite entertaining. You should try it.

Well, today I did something that will forever end my small source of joy – I dropped it. That’s right. I was holding my laptop in my hands, wandering around the room with the wireless card aimed to the sky searching in vain for the neighbor’s signal when my foot stepped on the cord and yanked my four-year old antiquated baby slamming it into the hardwood floor. I could have cried. Luckily, Inspy takes a licking and keeps on ticking… and is currently no worse for the wear. The only thing bruised and battered is my ego, as it only happened twenty minutes ago, but Ryan has already told me “Don’t drop your laptop!” ten times.

Celebrity sighting – Ryan and I saw Laurie Metcalf today at the Halloween store. Does she still count as a celebrity? We’re 99% positive it was her, anyway… but there is no way to be 100% unless you ask and, well, we all know I’d never ask. I did, however, try to get a look at her bank card as she handed it to the cashier. The only thing I managed to find out was that she was a Citibank user. They print those names so freaking small. Dangnabit.

What is this thing with Drive Thru’s having the windows on the passenger’s side? Who thought that up? I don’t approve. What happens if you don’t have a passenger? I have yet to experience that, but I can’t imagine it’s pretty. I can just picture having to lean over the gear shift, the passenger seat, out the window and bridge the gap between my car and the drive thru lady’s outstretched arms. Please. Sometimes I can’t even reach when it’s on the driver’s side. I hereby vow never to go to a passenger Drive Thru by my self for sheer fear of humiliation. I just know that I’d be the dork that actually had to get out of the car and walk around.

1 comments:

Anonymous
at: 5:57 AM said...

Who is Laurie Metcalf? The only celebrities I saw in four years of So. Cal. living were Suzanne Somers (sp?) and Blossom. I don't even know Blossom's real name... Kind of disappointing.
-Skip

Post a Comment

The Fam

Ryan and Allie
Cael | 10
Finn | 8
Declan | 6

|

|
Powered by Blogger.

:)

:)

Search This Blog

Blog Archive