|

|

Content

Monday, October 4

Where's my People?

First things first. I'd like to state profusely that I am not looking at real estate. I get uncomfortable paying for groceries. There's no way I'd put money in a house right now.

I'm starting to get seriously concerned here. People keep asking me what I do all day. They ask me if I spend it 'looking for work.' Is that possible? Is there a more active way to do this? Cause I put in my time reading the classifieds and online ads - but that doesn't take all day. Is there some secret place to go and search for a job that is more time consuming than reading the paper? Is there something I should know?

So if you want to know what I really did all day you'd be sorely disappointed. I did some grocery shopping and drove Aunt Patti to her chiropractor's office. While sitting in the lobby I perused the magazines. Much to my chagrin there were no People, US or Entertainment Weekly. Just Time, Newsweek, National Geographic and books with titles like Your Bra May Be Causing Cancer. Excuse me? Do they test that on rats? Is there NutraSweet in it? I was almost tempted to read that last one. I'm sure it would be gripping. What is this office trying to imply? That all people with back problems are boring stiffs who care about world affairs and don't concern themselves with catching up on this week's celebrity gossip? I had to spend a good half hour reading an interview with Bush. Jesus, that man is a dope. The only thing I took away from that article was that there is a bumper sticker out there that says "Bush: Like a rock, only dumber." I found out more interesting information in line at the grocery store. There I learned that JLo weighs in at 120 while Jennifer Garner is a whopping 112. Thin little bitches.

Speaking of Jennifer Garner - big news! And no, this is not a celebrity sighting. None of that today. Although this is sort of a celebrity sighting. It's a second hand sighting. Uncle Matt said that ALIAS was filming on the lot where he works today. He actually was within five feet of Victor Garber. And he didn't get his autograph! (Now I know how you feel, Lauren.) Oye! And I've been making Matt watch ALIAS just so he can recognize the cast when he sees them.

Anyway, Matt says that tomorrow they might still be filming. I'm going to call him in the morning and if they're on the lot then I'm going to go visit Matt for the day. And then, you know, search for the cast and drool unceremoniously. Like all the cool people do. Matt actually printed out two 5x7 photos (one of the cast and one of VG and JG) for me to bring with me. He wants me to have the cast sign them. Which, in theory, would be awesome. But, in practice, I'm not so sure. How dorky would it be for me to walk up to Jennifer Garner, pull out my 5x7 glossy and sharpie and ask for her autograph? This will totally ruin my chances of becoming her best friend. She is sure to judge me and think me lame. I'm not sure I can take such risks.

I must now go and spend the night tossing and turning over my autograph dilemma. And I should be getting a good night's rest so that when I see Michael Vartan (*drool*) I look my best. What's a girl to do??

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Fam

Ryan and Allie
Cael | 10
Finn | 8
Declan | 6

|

|
Powered by Blogger.

:)

:)

Search This Blog

Blog Archive