|

|

Content

Monday, October 18

Racin' in the Rain

Alright. I retract my earlier post. Please, stay off the roads… it’s raining out there.

It seems that when they constructed this angelic little city they didn’t account for the prospect of rain. Due to what I can only assume was poor planning and sub-par construction – the streets are hell when wet. The arc of the pavement sends all of the water rushing to the sides where it piles up alongside the curb. Now, in Oregon, this would be where the drains come in. Not so in sunny LA. Because of excessive garbage or poor draining system, the water just builds up and creates giant pools. It’s like driving on a giant bowling alley with gutters full of rushing water. In intersections I was tempted to get out my suit and go for a swim – the cars looked like they were enjoying it. I now know why there are so many SUVs on the road. Ryan’s poor Protégé was in desperate need of stilts or galoshes. I’d say there were about 8 inches of standing water on average in the intersections. I pity the fool who stands on the side of the road when a car passes by. Tsunami.

Since I feel that somewhere along the line it became my duty to entertain you and I have fallen short once again - I offer this link which has not once, in the three years I have visited it, failed to make me laugh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Fam

Ryan and Allie
Cael | 10
Finn | 8
Declan | 6

|

|
Powered by Blogger.

:)

:)

Search This Blog

Blog Archive