|

|

Content

Saturday, October 2

The City of Angels

Well, folks... I have arrived. We'll get to that in a minute, but first - the drive.

Things to keep in mind when driving to Los Angeles:
1) Just because everyone around you is going ninety, doesn't mean you can.
2) That whole 'patrolled by aircraft' sign is for real. They're out there, and they're watching you.
3) Handy-Snacks aren't so handy when trying to operate an automobile.
4) Always be prepared for someone to cut in front of you at a high speed, in an impossibly tight spot, without using their signal.

When you've arrived in Los Angeles, there are some things you will need to know. It will be my continued effort during these next few months to inform you, the avid reader, of these important pearls of wisdom.

In the first three days, I've learned:
1) When going to McDonalds, be prepared to tell the cashier exactly how many ketchup packets you want. They don't have dispensers, and 'a handfull' just doesn't cut it. They need numbers, people, numbers.
2) When people from LA give directions, they don't tell you to turn right or left, they tell you to go east or west. So either get a compass in your car or bring your internal compass (I accidentally left mine at home. Dad, can you mail it to me?)

Alright, now to the sightings.

Celebrity Sightings!!
10/01 - Allie see's Scott Lawrence walking into Patti's doctor's office. No, Lauren, I didn't get his autograph. I didn't even talk to him. I just stared like a dumbass. He looked at me, cause, you know, I was staring like a dumbass, so I'm sure that he noticed. Damn.

I'd like to take this moment to thank the people of La Guardia, whoever they may be. You might want to thank them too, for without them you would not be privy to my wit and wisdom. These fine people have allowed me to (without their knowledge) connect to the internet for free, in my bedroom. God bless wireless. And God bless La Guardia for neglecting to set their security. I love them more than they will ever know.

That's the first installment of Allie In La La Land. More to come. Hopefully daily. Check back soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Fam

Ryan and Allie
Cael | 10
Finn | 8
Declan | 6

|

|
Powered by Blogger.

:)

:)

Search This Blog

Blog Archive