|

|

Content

Sunday, October 17

Shorty

Batten down the hatches!

Hide the children!

Run for cover!

Save yourselves!!!

It’s… it’s…

IT’S RAINING!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Well, shiver me timbers. Am I wrong to assume that Los Angeles has seen rain before? 'Cause I had thought they saw the odd drop or two, but from the sounds of the news anchors, it seems as though this is a foreign thing for them. They’re declaring storm warnings and warning us of the hazards of driving. Yes, Ms. Weatherwoman, I will hide in the safety of my home, lest I get wet and ruin my new perm. What the hell?

This must be what people from Colorado think when Salem schools close because of three inches of snow.

So, Ryan and I have been having a Smallville marathon. He bought the first season (at WB for half-price) and we’ve watched it practically straight through. Now we just have to buy the second and third season to find out what happens.

I must admit, it is a pretty good show. Although, I could do without the villains. I know, I know, they’re an integral part… blah blah blah. I find them creepy and tedious. We know what’s going to happen. We know that some random Smallville citizen is going to stumble into some kryptonite – I’m sorry, “meteor rock” – and gain some power. But said citizen, not being as morally sound as Clark, is not going to use his newfound power wisely. He is going to abuse it and cause harm to an innocent victim. But never fear, speedy Clark will be there just in time to stop the bullet before impact.

And while we’re on the topic of predictable, let me just say – I have trouble with the concept of prequels. It’s like the Star Wars thing. Why would I watch it when I know what happens? How do they expect me to root for Natalie Portman and the blonde dude when I know he turns into Darth Vader? How do they expect me to want Clark and Lana to get together when I know he’s going to end up with Lois? Why do they want me to believe that Lex is a good guy when I know he’s eeeeevil? And why that twist, huh? I’m feeling bad for the bad guy. I don’t want him to go evil. It’s not his fault – it’s the people around him! They made him do it! EVIL PEOPLE. You see what this prequel nonsense does to me?

And don’t get me started on the Alias prequels… Noah??? NOAH? I’m supposed to believe she gets goosebumps around “No!Augh!” – not likely. Vaughn. It was always Vaughn. Even before she met him. Vaughn, Vaughn, Vaughn.

Because of lack of material, I am forced to supplement this little post with a few special requests:

1) To my dear readers: If you would like to make Ryan do the ‘happy dance’ please click on this link. Once there, click on the digit that corresponds with the number you see spelled out on your screen. No, you will not win anything (besides his undying affection) and no, you will not be signed up for anything (besides the list of people who he will love forever.) You will simply add another soldier to his army (currently at 13) in his online game. And yes, in case you were wondering, you can do this once every twenty-four hours, furthering his chances at defeating the online baddies.

2)

3) “Hummers support Terrorisim!!!” – Jeff Pritchard

4) “Michael Vartan is gorgeous.” (Okay, it was me, you caught me.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Fam

Ryan and Allie
Cael | 10
Finn | 8
Declan | 6

|

|
Powered by Blogger.

:)

:)

Search This Blog

Blog Archive