|

|

Content

Saturday, October 9

Discounts and Debates

So, in my continued effort to increase my slothiness, I decided to try drugstore.com – rather than haul my ass to a Rite Aid. And let me just say, why did I not try this earlier??? This little site is a fabulous invention! Not only is my prescription $12 bucks cheaper a month (which will really add up) but it comes to me in the mail! I don’t even have to leave the house. Go, people! Flock to drugstore.com and join me in my fight for immobility!

I went to the Warner Brothers lot yesterday. Then, when I arrived home, Patti was watching Sex and the City – the one where Carrie goes on the WB lot. Coincidence? I think not. It obviously means that… uh… okay, maybe it was just a coincidence.

For the record, DVDs are incredibly inexpensive if you buy them straight from the studio. All of the studio’s shows can be purchased for half price, as well as all of the movies and series released under their name. For example, at Warner Brothers you not only can get WB shows, like Smallville and Gilmore Girls, but you can also get HBO series (like Sopranos and Sex and the City – for $20 a season) and BBC stuff (like The Office). Oh, and National Geographic specials. It’s a plethora of discount, my friends. (Guess what you’re getting for Christmas!) Apparently, this works with all studios with the exception of Disney. Disney, I have come to find, is not discount friendly. In their on-site store they sell things for retail price. How rude. I can get Alias DVDs cheaper from Amazon.com than I can from the studio. It’s incredibly unfortunate. I suppose that is the price you pay for quality product.

I have been keeping my eyes peeled, but no celebrity sightings. I don’t know where they hide. If you think about it, there are hundreds out there that I would recognize if I saw them… and they are living here, in the very same city. But do I see them? NO. Bah. I’m disappointed.

Vote Kerry.

Did y’all see that debate last night? Wasn’t it hilarious when Bush started talking right over the moderator? And poor Charles Gibson was trying to politely get him to stop but Bush just plowed right through? That cracked my shit up. Bush was incredibly rude and insistent on talking. But when he did…

"BUSH: You tell Tony Blair we're going alone. Tell Tony Blair we're going alone. Tell Silvio Berlusconi we're going alone. Tell Aleksander Kwasniewski of Poland we're going alone.
There are 30 countries there. It denigrates an alliance to say we're going alone, to discount their sacrifices. You cannot lead an alliance if you say, you know, you're going alone. And people listen. They're sacrificing with us.

GIBSON: Senator?

KERRY: Mr. President, countries are leaving the coalition, not joining. Eight countries have left it.

If Missouri, just given the number of people from Missouri who are in the military over there today, were a country, it would be the third largest country in the coalition, behind Great Britain and the United States. That’s not a grand coalition."

Ha ha ha ha… Another highlight was when Bush ‘forgot’ he owned a timber company and asked the audience if they’d like some wood. Dorko. If you didn’t see the debate but want to check it out, go here.

There is a HUGE downside to living with Matt - especially in the month of October. He has an obsession with horror movies. I, on the other hand, have a strong distaste for them. He and Patti insist on watching scary movies and making me watch them - because they're 'classics'. I have already watched three. Which is more than I have watched in my entire life. And I've already spent one entire night with the light on. I know I sound like a five year old, but I really can't handle scary movies. Tonight, while watching 'The Ring' I freaked out, jumped every other second, cried, and accidentally punched Ryan in the face twice... and Matt is giving me shit the whole time, telling me to watch. And just now, as I sit on the computer trying to rid the graphic images from my mind, Matt slips a piece of paper with a ring drawn on in under the door. He's trying to kill me... I know he is. Like when he said, "Allie, you have to watch this part! Look, look!" and so I do, and it's the part where the creepy girl of death climbs from the television screen and kills the guy. Yeah. That was a must see. It is going to be a really long month... and another night with the lights on.

1 comments:

Anonymous
at: 6:25 AM said...

My friend couldn't go into the bathroom alone for a month because of The Ring. I don't even know if anything scary happens in the bathroom in that movie...or if the bathroom is just such a scary place she needed a companion (?). Needless to say, I haven't rushed out to rent it. -skip

Post a Comment

The Fam

Ryan and Allie
Cael | 10
Finn | 8
Declan | 6

|

|
Powered by Blogger.

:)

:)

Search This Blog

Blog Archive