|

|

Content

Tuesday, October 5

*Sigh*

Well, that was incredibly disappointing. No ALIAS filming on the lot today. I guess I'll have to keep waiting. You just hold on, Michael - we'll be together soon.

I thought I saw Jesus in the mall today. Turned out to be a koi pond. My bad.

Still unemployed. What is up with people wanting 3-5 years experience? What about the newbies? Nobody wants me, everyboy hates me, I guess I'll go eat the boxed cake I made last night. Mmm... devil's food.

I am, however, sending in my very first application for an unpaid internship tomorrow. Think good thoughts for me, will ya? Get an interview, Allie. Get an interview. Get an interview...

I wrote my very first cover letter this afternoon. I feel like a grown up. Although, let me just say, that I have trouble with this cover letter bullcrap. I hate doing the whole "I'm amazing. Look at my muscles" thing. Sheesh. I'm following the handbook given to the WU senior class (by good old Nancy herself) and let me just say, How cocky does she think I am? According to Ms. Career Guidance, I'm supposed to write "I will call you on ____ to arrange a mutually convenient time for us to get together." Oh, I will, will I? My fear of calling strangers aside, I am so not doing that! Perhaps some employers appreciate such ballsyness but I am dubious to commit such a gutsy move and give them the wrong impression. I am neither cocky nor ballsy. And frankly, I think that sort of assumption is rude. Needless to say, that line was stricken from my cover letter. (I can hear what you're thinking. All of you. And I will get a job without being pushy. People will see me for the angel I am and hire me without my follow-up call. So there.)

I have to pee. I've had to pee for a good half hour. Bathroom... so... far... away...

*Clears throat* Moving on.

Season 4 promotional photos came out. Oh that's right. ALIAS, baby. Beautiful cast. And just to debunk that nasty rumor - I have it on good authority that Michael Vartan is NOT leaving the show after episode 8. She may have broken his heart, but she did not ruin his career. I know you all were sweating that.

Oo... I'd like to take this opportunity to ask for a little viewer mail. Are you guys out there? I'm just wondering if I can improve my posts. Do you care whether or not I have to pee? Or do you just want to know which celebs I'm drooling on? I know Seany thinks I should reformat the gray background. (If only I knew how. I'm just impressed I managed to change the font and the color scheme -- oh, side note. Ten points to the person who tells me why I picked the title font.) What else? Send your comments to asaucy@gmail.com or just add a comment at the bottom of the post. Or remain a lurker. I won't judge you... I'll just dislike you.

Pearls of Wisdom:
1) If you decide to move to the area and you have US Bank - switch. They're like sasquatch down here. Seriously. Get Bank of America. It's, as Ryan says, fri-huge. (Apparently that is the equivalent of frickin-huge. He prefers to spare himself that third syllable.)
2) Buy an electronic car. It is like having a handicapped sticker - you get parking right by the mall entrance. Plus, you can charge your car while you shop. Oh yeah, and it saves the earth too.
Nice. I just spell-checked and it didn't find a single mistake. Ten points to me. It's like... uh... like I have an ed-yu-kay-shun or sometin. I ken spel. Skore. (And no comments about the grammatical errors. There is no checker for that.)
Don't forget... positive thoughts...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Fam

Ryan and Allie
Cael | 10
Finn | 8
Declan | 6

|

|
Powered by Blogger.

:)

:)

Search This Blog

Blog Archive